Monday, February 4, 2013

Has this ever happened to you?

Has this ever happened to you? Years back I was telling myself pink just isn't my color. It's a color that is just a bit too girly for me and not edgy enough. I would sometimes avoid the color, especially bright, hot, neon pink because it was too bright for my taste.

And remember this happened to me recently as I sat in my walk in closet like every morning, contemplating the outfit possibilities...I looked up and pink was scattered throughout. I had not realize it but as I was consciously trying to steer away from pink, pink was one of the colors i had unconsciously geared towards. 

Today is a dedication to the color pink, not only for breast cancer awareness but also for ladies who say they don't think a specific color suits them. I ask that you try an outrageous color and see how you feel that day. Does it lift you up mentally and emotionally because you are doing something out of the ordinary to you? 

Of course, I have been over the phase of no pink a while ago but it gives me some food for though. My next color...neon yellow.




collar top//Banana Republic
sweater//Forever 21
jeans//Macy's
flats//Charlotte Russe
bag//local
necklace//H&M
bracelets//Lauren Conrad

6 comments:

  1. ahh I was the same way! I use to think yellow and purple werent for me and now I find myself wearing more and more of it (even though it's winter). Love your outfit! Banana Republic has the best collared shirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I love yellow now. It's so new to me. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Pink is my favorite color! I think you did an amazing job with the "pink" theme in your outfit:) It's the right amount of pink without being too overbearing. Love your blog by the way!

    Inspirations by Kayla Rae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this casual look on you.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post...'Seaside Blue'.
    Have a beautiful and blessed week.

    Stay beautiful,

    Sofia

    Be featured on Stylishly In Love: If you would like a chance to be featured on my fashion blog, then email me (stylishlyinlove@gmail.com) a picture of your go-to outfit for Valentine's Day. In honor of Valentine's day I will be featuring 14 bloggers. Make sure to email me by February 11th.
    Thank you.

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by. I really do read each and every comment and appreciate them.